Tuesday, February 13, 2007

When Will I Learn?

We live near a Walgreen's. We go there a lot. It's a great destination for our walks/tricycle rides. If you ever see a red tricycle sitting outside a north Fresno Walgreen's, you'll know we're inside. The past few weeks--I guess it would be more accurate to say since Christmas--Walgreen's has had their Valentine's Day stuff out. Every time we walk in, my son has pointed out Lightning McQueen on the front of this particular card as we pass the card aisle. So I thought it would be special if I bought the card for him. So what do I do? Wait until the day before Valentine's Day! And what do I find at my friendly Walgreen's? First, a line with about 20 people. Second, a mangled half-stocked display of Valentine's cards--with Lightning McQueen no where to be seen. What was I thinking? My husband and I gave up trying to go out to dinner on Valentine's Day early in our newlywed years because we hated waiting an hour and half for a table. One year I waited in line at See's Candies for close to an hour on February 13. And now this. Fortunately, my son has no expectation of anything so he won't be disappointed, but I know how excited he would have been to get that card!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stopped by a Walgreen's near my work to try and save the day, but there was no Lightning McQueen to be seen. Sorry.

Sara Edwards said...

Brad - Too bad. Thank you for checking though!

Vessel said...

Bummer. I got smart and started making them on the computer!
*(this in no way implies that you are not smart, just not warn-out enough yet)