Thursday, December 07, 2006

6 Weird Things About Me

I know.... Only six? I'm only listing six--there's not room for an exhaustive list. I was tagged by April which was a tricky (and successful) way of getting me to post something. So where do we start...

1. I hate to dress up--unless it's to really dress up. Give me jeans or an evening gown, nothing in between.
2. I studied computer science in college and loved every moment of it.
3. Along those lines... as a kid I loved math and thought that it might be hard to get a job using math because everyone would want that kind of job.
4. Instead of putting on a sweatshirt, I've wrapped a blanket around my shoulders to keep me warm because it seems cozier, even though it makes it hard to type.
5. I can write backwards (mirror-image) almost as fast as I can write forward.
6. I love wrapping Christmas presents.

I always wonder if what seems weird to me is what seems weird to others. What do you think? Do I qualify as weird?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Oh man...number 3 made me laugh SO hard that I had to comment (and let you know that I started reading your blog:)
..how hilarious.
I probably hate math more than anyone I know.
In high school I used to tease our math teacher and tell him that math was the devil's game.
It's so awesome that you thought everyone would want a job that incorporated math. Josh just told me he knows someone who writes math textbooks for a living. I would rather poke my eyes out.
So, in answer to your question, yes, these things make you weird (but I guess not to people who write math textbooks:) I'm quite sure however, that there are things about me that most everyone would find pretty weird.

Sara Edwards said...

Flo -
It was so funny to get your comment first thing this morning because the last thing I did last night was read your blog for the first time ever! Only I didn't leave any comments--though I was tempted to on Josh's question about God and the burrito. :)

Anonymous said...

weird??? ummmmm.... yeah... :)

Maya said...

I've always known you were weird, so this doesn't surprise me! :)

I'm with you, I like jeans but if I'm going to dress up, give me an evening gown! Maybe we'll have to go to an evening performance of the Nutcracker next year so we can dress up! :)

Anonymous said...

I always thought that if I liked math, my nerdy, excruciatingly boring math teacher in 9th grade might actually talk to me more often. That would have been a social death sentence.By the way, I love wrapping presents too.

Sara Edwards said...

Jules-
Even though I liked math, my math teacher didn't talk to me much. Not that I had a social status for her to kill!