Monday, December 18, 2006

Quizzes, Contests, and Christmas

I didn't mean for the quiz about me to replace the weekly song lyric contest. I kind of forgot it was Friday. The next few Fridays may or may not have contests depending on my busy-ness with Christmas and then taking a week's vacation after that. Maybe I'll aim for Thursdays instead... We'll see. Anyway, I think I will reveal the correct answers to the quiz about me in about a week or so. But I'll just do one question at a time--that way I can give explanations and tell you the question I almost put in its place and what option E would have been had there been one... Not that I put that much thought into it or anything... Ummm, okay. So that's for next week.

The countdown to Christmas is on. Like everyone else, I get a little stressed around this time, mostly trying to figure out how I'm going to do everything that needs to get done (shopping, cooking, baking, gift-making, wrapping) when the schedule is packed with extra stuff (Christmas parties, choir rehearsals, and family get-togethers). Until the last day or so, though, I have really been enjoying the season, not worrying or stressing about anything. It hit me last night that I had four celebratory meals to prepare over the next eight days, no menus planned, and was going to be out of town for two of the days. And then there are those gifts I started making that aren't quite done. So I'm feeling it now, but it'll all get done somehow. Even if I have to forego the weekly song lyric contest. (Was that the sound of blog-readers everywhere crying?)

No comments: