Thursday, May 25, 2006

Personality Differences

I'm sorry I haven't been posting real regularly. I've been busy. (By the way, I can't stand it when people use that excuse.) That reminds me of an interesting little thing that will become the subject of this post...

I have taken many personality tests. (Believe it or not, the tests say I have one!) Most of them break all personality types into four or sixteen (four major, with four sub-categories in each) categories. One of the tests with four categories was explaining differences between the four using this example: You are scheduled to meet a person at a particular time and place. The Dove personality (this test used bird types to identify the personalities) will be on time and not mind if you are late. The Owl will also be on time but will be bothered if you are late. The Peacock will be late, but not mind if you are also late. The Eagle will be late, but will be upset if you are late. So you want to take a guess at who I am? Yes, the ridiculously selfish Eagle. That's right, my time is more valuable than yours. Isn't that ridiculous? The sad thing is when I heard it, I knew it was true of me, and so I've tried to let the Peacock tendencies I have take over in these situations. Of course that still means I'm running late. But at least (now) I won't yell at you when you are too!

With which bird do you identify?

7 comments:

Hale said...

Owl here.

That reminds me... Hayden and I got to see a Great Horned Owl today from about 3 feet away!

What a very cool thing!

April said...

I'm an owl, too, although, once I became a mother, it has been more of a challenge to be on time (and I'm not always), but MY being late bothers me too! I guess that makes me a cuckoo! Hale agrees.

Anonymous said...

Definitely an Owl.

Vessel said...

I'm an owlish dove. I am obsessed with being on time. I don't get upset if someone else is a few minutes late. If it goes longer than 15min. then I become an owl.

Hale, did you go to the bird show at the zoo? And you didn't invite us?

Cheri said...

hoo hoo!
although chinese time is perhaps changing me into a peacock- yes, this forced change does ruffle my feathers. sorry for the pun.

NerdMom said...

I am like Jules but with a smaller time period. I will give you a 5 minute grace if it isn't business. If it is business I am a total Owl. Hopefully, a wise old Owl;).

Sara Edwards said...

Wow! What's with all the owls? There's got to be another eagle out there somewhere!