Monday, March 20, 2006

Getting Sucked In

I'm on the countdown for the upcoming women's retreat I'm attending: 4 more days to go! I'm counting down partly because I'm looking forward to it but partly because I'm co-leading a craft project at the retreat. Saturday I was cutting paper. I've been busy punching holes in paper bags today. Tomorrow I will tackle ribbon cutting. We are making these very cute scrapbooks out of paper bags. (Did you even know you could do that?) Hopefully the prep work we're putting in will make it fun and easy for the ladies who participate this weekend.

I love doing crafty stuff. I love making all kinds of things really. I like to cook. I like to sew. I like to write songs, blog entries, and code. But I decided a long time ago: I WILL NOT GET SUCKED INTO SCRAPBOOKING!!! Every time I talked to a scrapbooker the first thing out of their mouths was always "I'm so behind." I have enough things I'm behind on--I don't need to add another. A friend used to tease me that she was going to drag me into it. Her husband said it was repayment for getting her started drinking coffee. (I really still don't know what I had to do with that Jeremy.) I resisted for years (literally). But I give. In the words of Mr. Sparkle "Join me or die. Can you do any less?"

2 comments:

Maya said...

Just remember, it's all a choice! I'm very much behind in my scrapbooking because I've chosen to work on cards instead! But, that being said, you will see me working on a new scrapbook for a while now. I have to get my NASCAR weekend done! :)

NerdMom said...

Let me declare that I am not getting you into scrapbooking! You got me into the 2 Bible sutdies that led to my Starbucks/coffee addiction. You get sucked in and then I will use all your junk;)(it has worked pretty good for stamping;).