Sunday, April 17, 2005

Just Give Me Jesus

This weekend I attended Anne Graham Lotz's Just Give Me Jesus. I am still sort of processing much of what she said, but I wanted to share (my paraphrase of) one statement she made that has stuck with me:

My purpose in this life is not to be happy or to be comfortable. My purpose is to glorify God.

I already knew this, but hearing it made me think: How do I live my life? Am I always seeking to glorify God? Or do I seek to glorify Him only in my own comfort and happiness? I know I have made choices to sacrifice my comfort in order to glorify God. But, I think I could name those instances off to you--they are not the norm in my life. Normally I choose comfort first. But the very purpose of this life God has given me is to bring Him glory, to serve Him, to worship Him. That should be my number one priority. And I choose that now. I will choose it tomorrow morning. And I hope to choose it everyday from now on.

No comments: