Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Number Fun

Over at Math Trek I read about this Number Gossip site. You can enter your favorite number(you do have a favorite number, don't you?), up to 10000, and find out all the properties about that number. There are all these properties that I'd never heard of before tonight, most of them with names that peak your curiosity: happy, hungry, lazy caterer, and apocolyptic powers to name a few. Fortunately, they are all defined so you can figure out how to calculate the properties of all your favorite numbers greater than 10000 on your own!

4 comments:

Cheri said...

Wow. I was just mourning over my less-than-popular blog post on parrots. I thought I was a nerd! Thanks for making me feel better, Sara. :)

Sara Edwards said...

Cheri -
Ummm... You're welcome... I guess.

Everyone -
It's a battle of the nerdy blog posts! Let's take a vote: Which is nerdier: My "Number Fun" post or Cheri's parrot post (found here)?

Maya said...

Sara wins the nerdier contest hands down!!! Actually that isn't a contest, that's a runaway train Sara's on! :)

Anonymous said...

wow...you two really are related! it's hard to vote against a math nerd, but i'm gonna have to say my wife only b/c i know she spent almost an hour on wikipedia researching parrots...ridiculous!