Tuesday, September 05, 2006

It's a Party!

Yesterday we had a construction-themed birthday party for my now-three-year-old. It was first shot at planning a kids' party where the birthday boy and guests actually understand what's going on. I'm really against the whole invite-every-kid-your-child-knows, impress-the-kids'-parents, rent-a-bounce-house-clown-ice-cream-truck-marching-band kind of party for a three year old child. I loved the simple birthday parties I had growing up and want to make the same kind of memories for my children. So I decided on making it a construction party since my boy loves tools, and my husband and I had a great time coming up with names for the food and decoration ideas. We went to more effort than I had planned on, but not overboard. Everyone there had a great time including me. Here are some pics:


Three three-year-olds. (Birthday boy on right.)

Tool "tattoos"

Build-your-own hotdogs

Dirt cake (which is neither dirt, nor cake)

5 comments:

Cheri said...

Thanks for the post! I wish I could have been there. I love the tats!

April said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
NerdMom said...

It was a great party and what cute kids (especially that little girl;).

April said...

It was a great party. I know my kids enjoyed it! Very clever decorating ideas, too.

Hale said...

*homer voice* mmmmm dirt cake mmmmm *homer voice*

All the food was so yummy, and the kid stuff and decorating ideas, yeah... they were good too.

but the food... mmmmmmm

;)