Tuesday, September 26, 2006

My Husband's Poetry

Usually I reserve this blog for my own writing but tonight I make an exception. My dear husband who gave me my shiny new iPod (on which I'm currently listening to Relient K "For the Moments I Feel Faint"--great song) accompanied the gift with a card with a cute inscription that I publish here with his permission. I hope you get as good a chuckle from it as I did!

If you wish the sun to stop its shining, and this would bring you delight, then I shall take hold of it, and fight with all my strength 'till it succumbs to my might. If a single flower should curl but the corner of thy mouth into a smile then I shall search to the ends of the earth and give you enough to strethch a mile. If this gift should be what you desire and it will bring you joy, then I shall go to Amazon.com and click buttons as they have never been clicked before and choose super saver shipping to have it delivered to thy door.

5 comments:

Maya said...

Wow, your husband's pretty good at that poetry thing! Very nice! And congrats on scoring the iPod! :)

NerdMom said...

Nice!

Cheri said...

go brad!... or should I say, "go this-will-work-man!"... uh, oh. i hope i didn't give away his identity!

April said...

A handyman and a poet! Very clever!

Anonymous said...

How amazingly sweet! I love it.