Friday, July 01, 2005

Baby Watch

So I went to the doctor yesterday. Twice. Shortly after I arrived in the waiting room (the first time) the doctor was called out on emergency. (This is the first time this has ever happened during one of my appointments, believe it or not.) So I went home and waited to be called back in. At 4:45 the doctor's office calls and wants to reschedule me for Wednesday. Yes, practically a whole week away, and I'm supposed to be going in once a week! I started to complain and she asked how quickly I could get there. So, thankfully, they waited around for me so I was able to see the doctor yesterday.

The appointment was rather disappointing: I'm still not dilated at all. The doctor doesn't believe this baby is significantly larger than my son was at birth. I will see the doctor again on Wednesday (if not sooner) and we might do an ultrasound at that point to get another idea of how big the baby is. Well, we'll keep waiting!

Oh, today (July 1) is the day my family and I decided would be a convenient day to have the baby. (Friday before a long weekend.) There are still 17 hours left in the day, but I don't think our plan is going to work this time.

No comments: