Friday, July 15, 2005

...And We're Back

Annalise Kay and I are home from the hospital! She was born Monday morning at 8:06. She weighed in at 9 pounds, 3 ounces (the doctor was right about her size!) and is 21 inches long. She was also born with a full head of dark brown hair! She is beautiful and healthy. I am doing well recovering from my surgery. I was off of prescription pain killers before leaving the hospital and I'm getting around fairly well.

Having a baby is such a strange thing in many ways. Just a few days ago, I ate pizza with my husband and my son. I went to the hospital, gave birth to a baby, and my world changed. I came home, and though it seemed to me everything had changed in the last few days, there was the leftover pizza in the fridge. And it was still good--I ate it for lunch. I still can't get a grasp of the whole thing: I feel like everything should be new and different, but it's not. I'm not sure whether that's disappointing or comforting. Maybe a little of both.

Well, that's enough reflection for now. Unfortunately, at this point my reflections are fueled by large shifts in my hormones and sleep deprivation, so I'm not sure they'll be very productive, but perhaps they'll be entertaining!

A large thanks to all of you who prayed for me through this last week and are celebrating with me now! You are true friends!

2 comments:

NerdMom said...

No more painkiller eh? Where is the fun in that;). I am glad you are feeling good!

Maya said...

Wonderful to see you back online! You and Brad have such a beautiful baby girl. Congrats again and hope to see both you and Annalise at the next craft night!