Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Baby Watch

My C-section is now scheduled for Monday at 5PM. While I am not terribly enthused about having the surgery to begin with, what is most frustrating to me is that I am not to eat or drink anything, including water, after 7AM that day. It is supposed to be 98 degrees on Monday and I am to have no water all day. That sounds ridiculous to me. I understand the reasons I just think it is impractical to the point that maybe C-sections shouldn't be scheduled at 5PM. Well, I'll stop ranting now. I am just going to try to drink as much water as I can on Sunday and every time I wake up that night. (I don't expect to sleep too terribly well anyway.) So, that's the plan. Of course, now I'm hoping I DON'T go into labor between now and then!

2 comments:

Maya said...

Sara, I agree with you 100%! They should never make a pregnant woman go that long without food or water. That's just inhumane! Well, just remember, we love you and are praying for you! And, can't wait to see that little baby!

Pat Callahan said...

You are AWESOME! Hang in there. BTW... I think pregnant woman are allowed to rant occasionally. We'll be in prayer over the weekend for you and your sweet little one!