Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Baby Watch

I just wanted to add that I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow (Thursday) afternoon. I'm hoping he predicts I have the baby soon. My concern is this: I am planning to do a VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean) delivery. The only thing is, if this baby is going to be bigger than the last one (7 lbs., 4 oz. at 4 wks early), the doctor doesn't want to even attempt it--we'll just do a C-section. This baby is getting bigger and bigger everyday she's not born and I really don't want a C-section! He thinks she'll be 7 1/2 to 8 lbs. at term. If that is true, she should be between 6 and 7 lbs. now. So at tomorrow's appointment I'll get a labor prediction (soon, not soon) and a current size prediction (too big, not too big). Based on the combination of answers, I suppose we might plan for a C-section or we might wait. I'll post an update sometime after my doctor's visit!

No comments: