Monday, June 12, 2006

Adventures in Potty Training, Chapter 1

I figured, why not include everyone else in this great adventure of potty training my first child. I'll try to keep it clean...

Today's worst moment... All-out temper tantrum with flailing arms and legs and top-of-his-lungs screaming all because he needs VERY badly to pee but doesn't want to do it.

Today's best moment... Yelled down the hall from the bathroom in a sweet two-and-a-half-year-old voice: "Mommy, I doing it!"

Today's funniest moment... "Mommy look at me!" coming from a bare-bottomed boy with bright green Toy Story 2 underwear worn on head like a well-fitting cap. Apparently at this age your bottom and head are the same size.

Today's most insightful moment... The boy's daddy contrasts our frustration and dwindling patience as parents of a squirming child who refuses to go potty to God's never-ending patience with His children who squirm and wiggle and refuse to do His will.

4 comments:

April said...

Potty training isn't just an adventure, it's a way of life, but thankfully, only for a short season. I survived potty training the first child, but am entering this second season kicking and screaming . . . Oh, wait, it's my son that's kicking and screaming, or is it my husband . . . ?

Vessel said...

I've been right in the midst of many a struggle with a child and realized that I probably sound the same way to God. He teaches us to teach with love.

Pat Callahan said...

Actually, heads and butts are always the same size for wearing tightie whities.

-Pat

Sara Edwards said...

Thank you Pat for that, um, useful piece of information.