Friday, April 14, 2006

And the winner is...

...Brad, AKA ThiswillworkMan! He correctly answered "Jump" by Van Halen. Based on rumors I hear, he may or may not have used the help of an internet search engine. And he may or may not have done so in order to impress his wife. Since that is not against any rules (there aren't any), especially when attempting to impress a spouse, I officially declare Brad this week's 80's mystery song lyric winner. Congratulations ThiswillworkMan! Unfortunately he doesn't have a blog so I can't provide a link for him. The sad trend (of blogless winners) continues.

On the subject of this weekly contest I would love some feedback: Have they been too hard? Too easy? What would make it more fun? Please leave a comment or, if you prefer, email me. Thanks for your input!

3 comments:

Cheri said...

That's funny that you asked for comments becuz I was just thinking how hard they are... Although, if I'm going to get one correct, it pretty much needs to have the title in the line provided... :) Maybe I'm not the person to ask. "We built this city! Doo doo doo! We built this city on rock and roll!"

NerdMom said...

How about a line out of the chorus that doesn't include the title?

Anonymous said...

I had this thought the other day, how great that you asked for opinions. ;)

I thought if you wrote the line incorrectly, like "I've got my FRONT against the record machine", and ask for the correct lyric, the song title, and artist. That way, it wouldn't be possible to use the search engines to find it.
Just a suggestion. :)