Wednesday, February 08, 2006

And Another Thing

A few weeks ago I volunteered to lead worship for my Thursday morning women's Bible study. It's something I had thought about doing, but didn't think I could commit to at this time for various reasons. But in a matter of about an hour a few weeks ago, each one of my reasons became invalid. So last week was my first week. Every little mistake I made (and there were about a hundred in the three songs), I just cringed internally, and kept smiling and singing. At one point, I looked out and noticed that the women were singing, some of them looking like they were really worshiping. That was a very cool moment. Immediately afterward all I could think to myself was "I'm never doing this again. I'm never doing this again." over and over. I kept telling myself not to say this aloud because I knew I would feel differently by the next day. And I did. All I can say is that God is VERY big. I feel so incapable of doing this. (Much more incapable than I thought I was!) It is refreshingly humbling. There's something about laying it all out before God and saying: This is all I've got. It's yours if you want it.

Twelve hours left until showtime. At least Simon Cowell won't be there!

2 comments:

NerdMom said...

All the NerdFamily is sick so I missed it. How did it go?By the way, I thought last week was great, if I hadn't told you.

Pat Callahan said...

I was in my office backstage and walked out a couple of times on on errand or another. You did a GREAT job as evidenced by the result: women were really getting into worshipping hte Lord.

God can do great things through us when we make ourselves available to Him. Keep staying available.

-Pat