Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Flo Paris: Practice Room

I've got a new CD I've playing over and over: the recently released album "Practice Room" by the very talented singer-songwriter (and family friend) Flo Paris. I love the first track, "Not I" , which you can listen to online: Since hearing it the day my CD arrived, I haven't been able to get the catchy, but not simple, melody out of my head--I just have to keep listening to it over and over. "The Love That We Have Found" is another favorite of mine. Every song on the album expresses a situation or feeling in a way that, coupled with the unexpected melodies, draws you in. Flo lists Caedmon's Call as one of her musical influences and you can definitely hear that in both the lyrics and music. Flo's distinct, strong voice lends itself well to the folksy style of music she writes. Check out her site and if you like what you hear, support an independent artist and buy her album, too!

No comments: