Thursday, January 05, 2006

Apparently You Can't Plow Rain

Got this one from 38below:

Milesburg, PA - Although area man Sam Johnson, known as "Buzz" to his friends, doesn't miss the sub-freezing temperatures, he's completely disgusted with the recent lack of snow.
"I ain't complaining 'bout the temperatures, no sir," Johnson said Thursday by phone, "but there ain't been no snow, and that's no good."
Johnson explained that he runs a snow removal service for Milesburg and the surrounding area, and the lack of snow has been a drain on his business.
"It just ain't snowin'. Ya know I can't plow the rain. No one wants rain removal. Rain is for the summer, see?"
Johnson said the last two storms were okay but nothing to write home about - or take to the bank.
"That last one was what, 7"? Them weather people are crazy. I got up in the morning and there weren't nothin' but an inch of sleet. Weighed the whole thing down. By time I made the rounds some folks had done it themselves. Didn't pay real good."
Johnson isn't taking any solace in the near term forecast either.
"I been checkin' it and checkin' it and it just says rain! I can't plow rain, you best write that down. I need snow, lots of snow. Heavy snow, so folks won't try to tackle it themselves. I don't see none in the forecast though."
When asked what else he might do, Johnson was uncertain.
"Well, I got a truck and a plow. I'm thinkin' of hauling wood for folks, plowin' stuff. If anyone needs anythin' plowed I can do that." Under his breath he added, "Can't plow no rain though."
The forecast for Milesburg, PA doesn't look good in the near term; the first possibility of snow is on January 14, and that's only expected to be a few inches. Johnson didn't want to hear it.
"You know why they call me Buzz?" he asked. "I'll tell you why; cause I got short hair. That's why! I'm gonna move to Syracuse if this keeps up."

No comments: