Thursday, October 11, 2007

Interesting Cross-Reference

I was presented with these two scriptures in my Bible study this morning. Read and discuss.

Genesis 28:10 - 12
Jacob left Beersheba and set out for Haran. When he reached a certain place, he stopped for the night because the sun had set. Taking one of the stones there, he put it under his head and lay down to sleep. He had a dream in which he saw a stairway resting on the earth, with its top reaching to heaven, and the angels of God were ascending and descending on it.

John 1:48 - 51
“How do you know me?” Nathanael asked.
Jesus answered, “I saw you while you were still under the fig tree before Philip called you.”
Then Nathanael declared, “Rabbi, you are the Son of God; you are the King of Israel.”
Jesus said, “You believe because I told you I saw you under the fig tree. You shall see greater things than that.” He then added, “I tell you the truth, you shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending on the Son of Man.”

2 comments:

NerdMom said...

I was going to blog on this!;)

Sara Edwards said...

nerdmom - You still can! Once you do, leave a comment with a link!