Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I Mean It...

...I'm not abandoning my blog!

Things have been so hectic. I have found myself holding my baby about 12 to 14 hours a day. There aren't many things one can do while holding a baby so that leaves 10 to 12 hours a day for everything else: sleeping, eating, going to the bathroom.... Needless to say, blogging is down the list a way. Well, one day I will be able to return to more regular posts, but when you don't hear from me for a while, now you know why.

On another topic, I'm turning 30 in a couple weeks. It's kind of funny: I don't have any expectations about my thirties. Since I was young, I looked forward to certain ages: 12, 17, 21, 25.... But that's where it ended. I don't have anything I dreamed of doing in my thirties or even thoughts of what life would be like. That makes it kind of exciting. I'm looking forward to this decade of my life. It's like starting with a blank canvas. I look forward to seeing what God will paint on this canvas. I wonder what sort of trials I will face and what kinds of victories I will celebrate. I wonder what my family will look like ten years from now. Hmm... I wonder what I will look like ten years from now. Maybe I shouldn't go there. :) But, seriously, I have no idea. I don't have plans.

I just had an idea! I will make myself a goal for the next decade: A "live life to the fullest" sort of goal. And you can help! What sort of primer would you put on a blank canvas like this? Do you have any advice for someone entering her thirties? (Whether you've been there yet or not!) Post your comments here and I will compose and post a "goal" for my thirties with your help over the next couple weeks! I'll put a lot of thought into it--Now, that's something I can do while I hold my baby!

1 comment:

NerdMom said...

Well, I will share one of my goals...By the end of my 30's all my children will finally be potty trained;). You can tell where my life is!